WITNESS THIS AGREEMENT, 10.11.2019, by and between WETHERSFIELD FOUNDATION, INC. hereinafter referred to as MANAGER and [ First Name ] [ Last Name ], hereinafter referred to as RIDER. For consideration received, and in return for the use, today and on all future dates of the property, facilities and services of Manager, Rider, Rider’s heirs, assigns, and representatives, hereby agree as follows:
1. Inherent Risks and assumption of Risk. The undersigned acknowledges there are inherent risks associated with equine activities such as described below, and hereby expressly assumes all risks associated with participating in such activities. The inherent risks include, but are not limited to the propensity of equines to behave in ways such as, running, bucking, biting, kicking, shying, stumbling, rearing, falling, or stepping on, that may result in an injury, harm, or death to persons on or around them; the unpredictability of equine’s reaction to such things as sounds, sudden movement and unfamiliar objects, persons or other animals; the limited availability of emergency medical care; and the potential of a participant to act in a negligent manner that may contribute to injury to the participant or others, such as failing to maintain control over the animal or not acting within such participant’s ability.
Rider acknowledges that horses, by their very nature are unpredictable and subject to animal whim. Rider assumes all risks in connection therewith, and expressly waives any claims for any injury or loss arising therefrom. Rider agrees to abide by and follow Manager’s rules and regulations, which shall be posted and/or available from time to time. Rider further acknowledges that the behavior of any animal is contingent to some extent upon the ability of the Rider. Rider assumes all risks therefore and warrants a full and fair disclosure of Rider’s abilities has been made to Manager. Rider expressly releases Manager and its representatives, agents or employees from any and all claims for personal injury or property damage, even if caused by negligence (if allowed by the laws of this State) by Manager or its representatives, agents or employees.
You are advised that there are inherent risks, including the risk of serious injury or death, while engaging in equine activities. By engaging in equine activities and in accordance with the terms of this agreement you hereby assume all risks of injury or Death.
2. Rider agrees to hold harmless and defend Manager against, and hold harmless from, any and all claims, demands, causes of action, damages, judgments, orders, costs or expenses, including attorney’s fees, whether actually incurred or not, which may in any way arise from or be in any way connected with Rider’s use of or presence upon the property and Manager and the facilities located thereon.
3. In the event Rider is using Rider’s own horse or a horse(s) not owned by Manager, Rider warrants said horse(s) shall be free from infection, contagious or transmittable diseases. Manager reserves the right to refuse access or use of any horse upon the premises that does not appear to Manager to be in good health or is deemed dangerous or undesirable.
4. Any action brought under this agreement shall be brought within one (1) year of the incident or accident giving rise to said claim. Rider agrees that damages shall be limited to $250 for property damage, actual expenses incurred, and a maximum of $10,000 for damages such as pain and suffering.
5. Rider agrees to waive the protection of any applicable statutes in this jurisdiction whose purpose, substance and/or effect is to provide that a general release shall not extend to claims, material or otherwise, which the person giving the release does not know of suspect to exist at the time of executing said release.
By clicking/tapping/touching/selecting or otherwise interacting with the "Submit" button below, you are consenting to signing this Document electronically. You agree your electronic signature ("E-Signature") is the legal equivalent of your manual signature on this Document. You consent to be legally bound by this Document's agreement(s), acknowledgement(s), policy(ies), disclosure(s), consent term(s) and condition(s). You consent to be legally bound by Waiver Master's policies, terms and conditions available at waivermaster.com/terms.html and waivermaster.com/privacy.html . You agree that no certification authority or other third party verification is necessary to validate your E-Signature and that the lack of such certification or third party verification will not in any way affect the enforceability of your E-Signature. You may request a paper version of an electronic record by writing to us. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for the production and mailing of a paper version of the record. Your current valid email is required for all communications.